Zarine is confident, lovely: Katrina Kaif

Katrina Kaif was in a chatty mood at the recently held 55th Filmfare Awards press conference in Mumbai. She was more open and positive with her responses.
When asked if she had watched longtime beau Salman Khan's last release, Katrina said, "I saw the second half of Veer." Not only that, she went on to praise her lookalike Zarine Khan in the film.
"Zarine was lovely. She speaks so well in her interviews. She's supremely confident. I'm very impressed. I wish I'd had that confidence when I started out."

Katrina adds, "I don't personally feel I'm hot or sexy. You have to have your appeal. The audience has an opinion of you." The actress said that "people love Vidya Balan in her ethnic look" and that they associated Katrina Kaif for "fun films".

Katrina has managed to create a place in the highly competitive and volatile world of Hindi cinema. From being just a chirpy li'l girl in Namastey London, to a shrewd gameplayer in Race, to a terrorist's wife in New York, to the lovable muse of Ranbir Kapoor in Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, she has come a long way.

It remains to be seen how Karina fares in what could be her career-best role in Prakash Jha's Raajneeti, which releases June 4, 2010.

But what role does she want to play post Raajneeti?

"I wanna do a classic love story. Something like When Harry Met Sally…," says Katrina.

The actress has been nominated in the Filmfare Best Actress category for New York, and looks forward to winning it. And like a li'l girl, she'd like to think that her performance was the best. "Can't I just choose myself?" she asks innocently. But if she has to name someone apart from her to win the award, Kat has not one but two contenders – Priyanka Chopra for Kaminey, and Vidya Balan for Paa. "I absolutely loved Kaminey," said Katrina.

"I'm very excited to be nominated. I don't easily win, but I'm excited. Everybody wants to win. I'm so used to not winning," she signs off.

The Filmdare Awards will be telecast live on mobiles for the first time, thanks to principle sponsor Idea .

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls