Vidya's breaking point

This dates back to when Vidya had just joined college. Her dad had to be admitted for a bypass surgery. Experiencing the first complex surgery in her family, she was too young to understand its exact implications. She admits, “I was oblivious of the gravity of the situation. I was just aware that my dad had to undergo an operation.”

Unexpected revelationsAs the family was about to leave for the hospital, Vidya noticed something curious. Her dad asked for some time alone to himself before he could be taken to the hospital. He went out for a short walk around their neighbourhood, as if trying to absorb all that his eyes could see at the moment. She says, “When I noticed this, it struck me instantly: he wasn’t sure if he would make it through the surgery. So, he was looking at everything as though for the last time.” This realisation was so traumatic for Vidya that she was unable to contain herself. “I panicked for I didn’t know how to react. I just ran into my room and broke down. It was the scariest moment of my life,” she recalls. Supporting roleVidya’s support during her weakest moment was her elder sister, who was more prepared to handle this situation. “When I was feeling horrible and scared, my sister came into my room, hugged me and told me that with the grace of God, our father would return after a successful operation, feeling completely healthy. As compared to me, she handled the situation more maturely at the time,” says Vidya.

Finding myselfIt took Vidya some time before she could gather herself and meet her father, who had returned home after a successful operation. It was the most horrible thing to have ever happened, but now in hindsight, Vidya admits it changed her life in more ways than one.

“Though the scariest moment in my life, it also made me more mature and stronger as a person. I just wanted to hold on to my loved ones even more strongly than before. Now, if I were to face a tense situation, I think I would be able to deal with it much better than before. Another lesson I’ve learnt: if you love someone, don’t hesitate to tell them so,” concludes Vidya.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls