Aamir Khan wants to play an 18-year-old in 'Dhobi Ghat'

Aamir Khan wants to play an 18-year-old in 'Dhobi Ghat': At 45, Aamir Khan is still game for playing an 18-year-old. Well, such was the irresistible charm of the character that his wife Kiran Rao had penned in her directorial debut Dhobi Ghat.

When Aamir heard the script, he was so bowled over by it that he wanted to act in it. And he wanted to play the role of an 18-year-old dhobi. But the role eventually went to Prateik Babbar.

“When I heard all the characters, I really liked Prateik's character and wanted to do that. But the character requires someone who looks 18-19 years old. So to prove it to Kiran that I can look that young, I did 3 Idiots. But she still didn't agree. Thankfully she gave me some role in her film,” Aamir said while promoting the film at Andheri.

The media persons were surely surprised to see Aamir at the do because earlier at the unveiling of the first look of the film, his wife Kiran Rao had said that she wants Aamir to stay away from the promotions so that limelight is not taken away from the movie.

“I was never meant to be away from the promotions of the film. I'm very proud of the film and I'm part of it, since I'm the producer and have also acted in it. Even Kiran can't keep me away from it,” Aamir said.

Set to release on January 21, Dhobi Ghat also stars Monica Dogra, Kriti Malhotra, Kitu Gidwani and Nafisa Khan. It tells the story of four characters in downtown Mumbai. Though each comes from a different class of society, their lives are subtly intertwined.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls