'I haven’t lost faith in love'

However, 2009 looks promising. “Life’s good and I am really enjoying this phase,” says the actor. It’s hard not to be happy when you’ve been voted the youth icon in an online poll, got six films in hand and a bagful of endorsements. “I’m all set to make up for my long absence of nearly a year,” says Shahid who recently completed the dubbing for Milenge Milenge, a film that he had shot with Kareena Kapoor when they were still a couple. Shahid insists he’s moved on and is happy for Bebo too. However, what he’s not been able to put behind are the rumours of numerous link ups, the latest one being with hottie Priyanka Chopra, his co-star in Kaminey.

“What can I say? It’s very sweet of people to keep linking me up with somebody or the other. I think they just hate to see me single,” he laughs. But has the past experience left a bitter taste? “Life throws googlies at you. You catch some, you miss some! But I haven’t lost faith in love. I would love to fall in love again.... but I would rather have people talk about my work.”
That shouldn’t be difficult considering his interesting line-up — Vishal Bharadwaj’s Kaminey that sees him play a double role for the first time, Ken Ghosh’s dance film, Yash Chopra’s untitled where he’s paired opposite Rani Mukerji, Ahmed Khan’s Paathshala in which he’s done a cameo, and finally his dad Pankaj Kapur’s directorial venture. “Working with dad’s been a dream, but now that it’s coming true, I am nervous about it,” he says.

Shahid’s looking fitter than ever before, though his shirt barely gives away the eight-packs hidden underneath. “I’ve always been keen to experiment with my looks as well as my characters on screen, but it’s only off late that I’ve finally got a chance to do so and I’m making the most of it,” says the actor. He is also unfazed when it comes to the new talent competition coming in every year and the over-40-six-pack-brigade that seems to have almost turned back time. “For me the only competition every actor has is from his own self and his last performance. As long as an actor’s improving he’s on his way up already. The seniors have set the bars so high that it’ll ensure that only the best and the most deserving make it to the top. So, more than pressure, it’s inspiring. And I’m really looking forward to this journey,” smiles Shahid.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls