Chaya Singh, the actress-turned-filmmaker, is looking forward to making movies down south too



    Chaya Singh never really took a break, but she’s been missing from all the action in Sandalwood and Kollywood. The actress is back, however, on the big screen, though this time around, she prefers to wield the camera.
You haven’t been seen around for some time.

1.What have you been busy with?
My last project was in Kannada and was a short film called Simply Kailasam. Critics liked the the film and I’m really happy with the response I received.
2.Are you working on a project now?
 I just turned director with a Bengali film, that we haven’t named as yet. I play the female protagonist, albeit with shades of grey. The role was challenging since I was in front and behind the camera. But the experience was wonderful!
3.Have you always wanted to be a director?
I’ve always dreamt of being behind the camera and calling the shots and this opportunity just happened. When the story was narrated to me, I knew I wanted to do the film and there were talks of co-directing it. I never dreamt it would happen, but I’m happy, it did. Would you be directing any projects down south too? I am looking forward to a few projects here, direction included. But I haven’t received the kind of roles that Bengali cinema is offering me. My next project takes off by the end of February. It’s called Udan Chidiya and is a mythological film.
4.Are you still known as the 
Manmada Raasa girl? 
Thankfully not! Not that I have any problems with the song, just that I’d rather be known as Chaya Singh. Even in Tamil Nadu, people remember me from my ads and other projects and that’s reassuring. I don’t want to be typecast and that’s why I’ve
been refusing projects from the south. People know me for my work, and I want it to remain that way. So what’s the next offering for fans from Karnataka? I do have a Kannada project in the pipeline and might even end up directing one, but that will have to wait. For now, I need to focus on the projects I have and I am enjoying my new found passion in direction.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls