No more films with Shahid Kapoor: Priyanka Chopra

She is the current ruling Bollywood diva with a Midas touch. Priyanka Chopra has consistently worked to carve a niche among the top actors of Indian film industry.

 After ruling the Bollywood ranks in 2009 as the insurmountable ‘desi girl’ with a magic, this dusky beauty has covered and left behind many milestones and is out to reach for more in the coming year. In an exclusive conversation with  Smita Mishra, Priyanka Chopra talks about the year gone by, her new film and Shahid Kapoor.

How was the Year 2009 for you?

It was fabulous. It was the year of awards and accolades for me. I won my Best Actress (award) this year for 'Fashion'.

It was the year of ‘Kaminey’ in which my role was so much acknowledged. Sweety was difficult role as I did not identify even a bit with the character. Although ‘What’s Your Rashee’ did not fare well on the box office, yet it gave me the opportunity of playing 12 different roles in just one film. It gave me a lot of creative satisfaction.

Tell us something about your character Alisha in ‘Pyaar Impossible.’ How was your experience doing the role.


It was an easy and simple role. Alisha is a modern girl. She is today’s person. The coolest thing about her is her attitude. She looks like she is unattainable. But she is a simple, lovable girl at heart. ‘Pyaar Impossibe’ is a film that you can watch with your family and kids.

How did you find Uday Chopra as a co star and co actor?

He is simply fantastic! During the shooting of the film I got very-very close to Uday. As a producer of the film he thoroughly spoilt me. I am really thankful to him that he gave me the wonderful opportunity of working in this film. After working with him I realized that he is a tremendous actor and he met every challenge I gave him in acting.

What is different about Jugal Hansaraj as a director?

Jugal is a very simple and uncomplicated person. He put his very best in directing us in ‘Pyaar Impossible.’ It was a pleasure working with him.

Share with us an interesting incident that happened on the sets of ‘Pyaar Impossible.’

Oh, let me tell you what fun we did on the sets on day. I along with Uday dived from a 5 storey building straight into a 60 foot deep pool of water. It was an amazing experience you know! Actually we had to shoot in water and we decided to do this stunt for the fun of it.

Bollywood heroines are getting bolder with every film. Do you think it is acceptable as an actor?

I don’t think we should confine ourselves to playing selected roles. Acting should not be bound by rules and lines. There is nothing wrong in being bold if the script demands it. One should not shy away from doing justice to the script by limiting oneself to rules and norms.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls